Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Aquarium of the Pacific

Hi I'm sorry I was not blogging I had a vacation to my grandma's house but I am back. Oh you should check out Aquarium of the Pacific. It is a great site. Oh I all most forgot here is the info.


Sharks have endured at least four global mass extinctions, when much of life on Earth perished. Modern sharks have evolved from families 150 to 25 million years ago. Their incredible designs have served them remarkably well. But now people have become the top predators, and shark populations are declining—some say by as much as 90 percent. Wasteful and destructive fishing practices have contributed to the dramatic decline of many species. Somewhere between 30-100 million sharks die each year due to fishing activity.

Fact: Basking sharks are slow moving sharks that belong to the family Cetorhinidae and the genus Cetorhinus.


Well that is all for today and remember Sharks are not scary.They are just different. Have a good day see you tomorrow
Oscar

No comments:

Post a Comment